Quick-Fire Q&A - Ian Mclean
24th March 2020
Today we're talking to Ian Mclean, who has been with the business for more than 20 years! He is the Engineering Manager of a well-established 360 Engineering desk based at our Sheffield HQ. This desk, across it's 20 year history, has assisted a huge variety of clients with permanent and contract labour, both in the UK and overseas.
1. What was your first ever job?
I started out as a Joiner (Kitchen Fitter)
2. How long have you been in recruitment?
Over 20 years!
3. What's your favourite thing about the industry?
I really enjoy the 'wheeling and dealing' of building businesses.
4. ...and what’s your least favourite thing?
5. What made you want to join Dutton Recruitment?
This business offered brilliant career prospects - 20 years on I can definitely say I made the right decision...
6. What's something you can't live without at work?
A cup of tea, and a sense of humour!
7. Tea or Coffee?
Tea... Yorkshire Tea... in a china cup...
8. What’s your favourite thing to do outside of work?
Spending time with my family, definitely.
9. What is your main goal at Dutton Recruitment?
I want to still be here in 20 years, and maintain my impeccable youthful good looks!
10. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
I'd stay in beautiful England, and help get through the pandemic.
If you want to find out more about Ian, and how he can assist your business, email him on Ian.Mclean@duttonrecruitment.com!